Wednesday, September 21, 2016

POLIO STORIES, CONTINUED

Joe Randig (11.22.2013, reply): "Hello, Esther, I am a 66 year old polio survivor. I have had PT a few times over the past few years, and I would recommend it (PT) with caution. The place I go has a gym membership that lets me use their equipment to exercise. I had surgery on my left shoulder and thought that I would need it on my right shoulder also. I got involved in a restricted exercise program to maintain range of motion and strength. After several months, my shoulder pain decreased and my strength improved making it easier to get around on my crutches. Just make sure that the therapist completely understands your situation and goals. Take it easy, go slow, and let your body determine how much you can do. Good Luck-Joe."

No comments:

Post a Comment